Friday, July 29, 2011

Canon PowerShot SD1300IS 12.1 MP Digital Camera with 4x Wide Angle Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 2.7-Inch LCD (Blue)


I bought this camera as a replacement for my Canon PowerShot SD600. The main reason that I chose to replace it was the IS function. When I bought the SD600 it was on sale and features cameras were an expensive option on the upgraded models. I must say that the function works as expected. It is apparently not doing much if there is a lot of camera shake, but it does the job for what it is intended to do. The picture quality is excellent. Dim lighting makes it good despite the reviews I've heard. Manual settings to make as good as the automatic settings. I like the play button that lets you preview images instead of having to change the camera in another state. When you take more pictures the time between shots is minimal. Videos work well with it, but it is annoying someone in and out zooming during video calls. The sound quality is surprisingly good with video mode as well. It takes good outdoor video with little wind noise. I was a bit wary of buying a camera with someone who looks like my last camera had one, but let's face it, I barely used it when I had it. Insist on a camera with a viewfinder also substantially limited my choices to point and shoot. I am pleased with all the viewfinder and this camera is exactly what I expect in a good point and shoot. I thought about it SD1200IS as it was for sale and a little cheaper, but I thought a few extra features, it is worth the extra $ 50 Battery life is amazing! Even during moderate to heavy use, it lasted all night and part of the next day. I would suggest always having another battery as a backup but you never know when you might need it. I would recommend this camera to anyone looking for a quality point and shoot. For the price I do not think you can ask for much more in a compact digital camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment